I don’t know if it is some sort of global conspiracy or what, but Saturdays and Sundays around here just keep getting shorter and shorter. I’m pretty sure I’m missing time. And no, I’m not just saying this because I’m still all hopped up on excitement from tonight’s X-Files episode. I’m seriously getting to the point where I’m legitimately concerned about my sanity because it seems like just a couple hours ago I was getting off work to start the weekend, and here I am staring at the clock and trying to figure out why it’s telling me that I’ve only got 8 hours left before I’m due to be back at my desk in the office.

What gives, man?

Yeah, we’re a little busier than usual lately. I’m gearing up for our annual meeting at work, which means a lot of long days and hours trying to wrap up projects and get everything done before we fly out to San Diego for a week of work (and fun and chaos). Cadence started soccer and is in the middle of another swimming session, which means a bit more activity during the week. Henry is finally starting to get the hang of this whole sleeping through the night thing, but it seems that the first part of the night is a bit hit or miss. He’ll go down easy at 7, but then he’ll wake up around 8:30 and 10:00 and now 11:30 before finally (hopefully) settling down for the rest of the night.

This weekend seemed a little crazier than usual. Friday night Henry decided he wanted to be up every-freakin-hour-all-night-long which was either a result of me drinking a 5-Hour Energy without thinking to get myself through the afternoon, or maybe, just maybe, the little man legitimately wasn’t feeling well. And the only reason I say that is because his sister starting feeling crappy and running a fever Saturday afternoon around 5:00 p.m. One minute she was fine, asking about dinner, and the next thing we knew she was huddled under a blanket snoring on the couch. When we tried to wake her for dinner, she told us she wasn’t hungry and wanted to go to bed. That’s always a big red flag, so I grabbed the thermometer and took her temp, and wouldn’t you know, 100.7.

So Saturday night ended up being a sleepless one too. Mr. H was down for the count and sleeping like a champ, but Cadence came into our room sometime just after midnight and crawled right in the middle of Stevie and I to sleep. With a restless, feverish kid and a snoring hound hogging the bed, I woke this morning feeling like I’d been hit by a truck.

Miss C spent the day on the couch. She had to miss performing at church and soccer today, which she hated, but the dang fever persisted. Other than her stomach hurting a bit this morning (more from skipping dinner than any sickness) and a slight headache, she has absolutely no other symptoms. No sore throat. No congestion. No vomiting or diarrhea or anything out of the ordinary besides the pesky fever that climbed to 101.9 in the afternoon before dropping back around 100.4 by bedtime. I guess we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

But for now, I’m calling it a night because pretty soon I’ll be up and at ’em and wondering how the hell it can possibly be Monday already.

Leave a reply. You know you wanna.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: